Vicki has made it her mission to shatter the myth that ‘bridal hair is boring’ and looking at her portfolio and awards – mission accomplished!
‘The Vicki Lord Hair Academy’ can bring its two-day Habia-approved ‘Bridal & Editorial Hair Course’ to your salon, so your staff can learn to recreate Vicki’s iconic style from the convenience of their salon. They will receive an official certificate upon successful completion and be awarded 14 CPD hours.
Vicki Lord creates stunning, fashion forward hair design inspired by art and nature and tailored to suit her bride’s face shape, dress style, theme and personality. She draws from her avant-garde, film, red carpet and celebrity work, including her trademark ‘Gladiator Queen Mohawk’, which has graced covers and runways, as well as music legends Macy Gray and Jocelyn Brown.
On this course, Vicki teaches that every one of her unique styles comes from classic foundations, and then reveals how these foundation styles can be elevated into creative and unique hairstyles for modern brides.
- Up to three stylists for one day: £480
- Up to three stylists for two days: £870
- Vicki can teak up to ten stylists and offers a salon discount of £99 per additional student.
- Payments are to be secured prior to course dates.
Duration: One or two Days
Credits: Upon successful completion Level 2 qualified hairdressers, will receive 14 CPD hours approved by Habia and Skills Active: The Authority for Hair, Beauty, Nails and Spa.
Why should we invest in Editorial & Bridal hair training?
Salons invest in training is to add value to their business, both in financial and skills sets. Attract new customers by offering outstanding bridal and event hair services. A bride and her bridal party providea tidy source of revenue, and if you offer a superior service, make them look and feel beautiful – they will sing about your service. Recommendations, referrals and word of mouth have an excellent return on investment and are the easiest way to improve brand equity and get new clients through the door.
Additionally, with ever increasing trends towards elaborate braiding and on-trend up do’s, this course will give your stylists the skills and confidence to stand out in the field, enabling them to cater to increasing demands for event styling; including parties, proms and the hallowed red-carpet.
Providing your staff with the opportunity to train with Vicki will not only teach new skills and methods of creating stunning hair; as an educator, she also inspires, ignites creativity and an enthusiasm to excel. Happy and inspired stylists, make your salon a great place to be.
Why choose The Vicki Lord Hair Academy to train your staff?
- Vicki can train your staff over two days to a schedule that suits your salon set-up, so that business can operate as usual.
- Vicki is Vidal Sassoon trained: Covent Garden + is the Balmain Bridal Hair Specialist.
- Vicki has three decades of experience working with hair.
- Vicki was awarded the UK’s Best Bridal Hairdresser in 2016.
- This course is industry-approved by Habia/SkillsActive, awarding 14 CPD points.
- Vicki’s approach is friendly and warm, but very professional.
- Vicki has her own TV show on Sky helping brides choose the right hairstyle for their dress, and has featured in regional, international and national media as a bridal hair expert.
- Vicki is a TV hair expert, including on QVC.
- Most importantly, Vicki has a passion for teaching others who share her passion for hair.
What styles are taught on the course?
Vicki will teach 4 very important foundation styles, which can then be manipulated into many other contemporary styles.
- Curly Side Romantic Bun and adaptions to this style (Practical Day 1)
- Braids and braided up styles (Practical Day 1)
- Chignon Bun & adaptions to this style (Practical Day 2 for Assessment)
- French Pleat with a Beehive and adaptions to this style (Practical Day 2 for Assessment)
We send full training information prior to the course date with a break down of the course format and any other relevant information the students may require before training with Vicki.